Friday 24 February 2012

Character Designs & Experimental Space







Final options for the main character.  I think I am going to go for the last one, he has just the right mix of friendly grandad & quirky watchmaker that  I have been looking for.....finally! These were done with water colours and pens.

I am experimenting with different media and techniques to get a nice nebula & general space effect. The first image is water colour. The second image is two panels done with acrylic, one with the nebula colour underpainted before the black is laid down, the other with the nebula painted on top. I prefer the intensity of colours in the acrylics, but I prefer the effect of the watercolour....hmmmm....more experimenting I guess.

Almost ready to start on my first finished spread!

2 comments:

  1. Those space scenes are beautiful! Love the last two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the space paintings too - the character reminds me a bit of Mark Twain looks wise.

    ReplyDelete